According to national statistics, nearly 1 in 5 homes now has a conservatory or extension. It’s unsurprising why more and more people opt for a conservatory, after all, they add extra space, increase property value, and provide pleasant access to your garden.
But there is a common issue that troubles many homeowners shortly after the conservatory is erected and fixed in place, and this issue is easily overlooked from the start. Now that the conservatory is up, How can I clean the gutter that is above the conservatory? There are only three viable options…
Option 1: Ladder and extending pole option
For this, you will need:
A ladder or tower scaffold, someone to foot the ladder, ladder standoff, protective gloves, bucket, ladder bucket hanger, extending pole and a ProGutter tool or sponge and tie-wraps. Visit Shop
1. Safely position a ladder or tower scaffold on the house as close to the conservatory as possible.
2. Either use a ProGutter tool and attach to an extendable pole, or use a car wash sponge and tie-wrap it onto the end of the extending pole.
3. Remember to take a suitable bucket (and ladder bucket hanger if required) up with you to put the debris in that you collect out of the gutter.
4. Use the extending pole to reach and pull gutter debris towards you. It’s recommended that you work in small sections starting closest to you, say a meter at a time.
5. Once you have reached half way over the conservatory, repeat this process If it’s possible to access the gutter from the other side of the conservatory.
The Equipment needed is fairly cheap to buy.
Requires experience on ladders. It can be dangerous working at height especially from a ladder. It requires a little patience. You may get covered in gutter debris. You may have an angry wife that does not want you up a ladder!
Option 2: Use a Gutter Vac
1. Suck out the debris from the gutter using the gutter vac and poles reaching half way along the gutter above the conservatory before moving to the other side of the conservatory. You may be able to get all the gutter from one side of the conservatory without moving.
Extremely easy. No ladders required removing the risk of falling. Very safe Quick to compete You are more likely to want to clean the gutters more often
Short term expense to buy the gutter vac equipment.
Option 3: Hire a professional gutter cleaner
What you will need:
A phone or access to a computer, a cup of tea and a comfy chair.
1. Choose a professional gutter cleaner and book appointment
2. Sit back and relax while the pro takes care of it.
The gutter cleaner is experienced. The gutter cleaner is Likely to be using a higher spec gutter vac which may deliver better results. The gutter cleaner will be insured. The gutter waste will be taken away. The gutter cleaner will check the gutters during the gutter cleaning. Happy wife, happy life.
Difficult finding a good, trustworthy gutter cleaner. You may need to put the kettle on for the gutter cleaner.